This shift is available for Folsom Street Fair only.
Eligible for Online Training
Online training includes a general training video and quiz AND reviewing the Artist' Area-specific training materials below.
Alternatively, volunteers may attend one in-person training to fulfill the entire training requirement.
Departmental Training Materials
- Identify yourself immediately to staff and the Stage Manager and Stage Hand(s), if applicable
- Please do what is asked of you by any/all of the aforementioned individuals
- Identify yourself to all major contractors like Villan Productions and JK Sound (sound), as needed.
- Please welcome and orient all of the artists/bands to the area and facilitate introductions, if needed
- You WILL BE asked to help do set up – e.g. barricades in front of stage or behind stage (i.e. back stage)
- You may need to serve as back stage security. Please make sure that ONLY Folsom-identified volunteers are coming into the area. Theft can occur, and we want to avoid that.
- You may be asked to run errands for back stage hospitality.
- Please familiarize yourself with the line-up of artists on your stage so you can answer questions about who is playing when.
- Please help keep all back stage areas tidy and neat; and, become familiar with the location of the closest recycling and compost station.
- You may staff the bands’ merchandise table and need to help manage the artists’ sales.
- Have fun and enjoy the bands while still completing your duties.
If you have any questions about these training requirements, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator of the beneficiary organization you selected.