Eligible for Online Training
Online training includes a general training video and quiz AND reviewing the Hospitality-specific training materials below.
Alternatively, volunteers may attend one in-person training to fulfill the entire training requirement.
The Hospitality Tent provides the volunteers and guests of the Fair a place where they can sit down, relax away from the crowds, grab a cup of coffee or a soda or a bottle of water, and something to eat! Your number one job (after getting the coffee!) is to have fun, smile, be social, and encourage everyone who comes through our area to have a good time too!!
You are encouraged to dress up and be festive, but it is a rule that you must wear clothes (including covering your butt) in Hospitality, and you must wear gloves when handling food! No exceptions!
- Setting up the Hospitality Tent, organizing where all the food, plates, and beverages need to go for easy access all day long.
- Making coffee – Honestly! People get CRANKY when we run out!
- Setting out breakfast and the snack tables and making sure they are kept stocked.
- Setting up the food court area with tables and chairs.
- Help to coordinate food deliveries.
- Remove breakfast foods, and set up the lunch foods.
- Keep lunch foods stocked at all times.
- Maintain stocked snack food areas.
- If we have the capacity, make lunch bags to go out to gates, security areas, and stages (available for pick-up).
- Log in and/or pick up donated food by food vendors during the day.
- Maintain a clean area – bus the food court area, remove trash bags to the dumpster.
Throughout the day
- Keep the food and munchies table stocked all day!
- Clear the trash bags to the dumpsters to keep our area clean and orderly!
- Restock the ice baths with soda and water.
- Make sure there is fresh coffee!
- Clear the tables in the food court area!
- If you see a Board member without a bottle of water in their hand – place one there. Also include a piece of fruit or protein bar.
- Freely give ideas and suggestions on improvements for next year!
- Inventory all left over non-perishable food and supplies.
- Pack these items in labeled boxes. Bring these boxes and inventory lists to the supply truck.
- Pack left over perishable food to be taken to a food bank.
- Remove all trash from the area to dumpsters.
If you have any questions about these training requirements, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator of the beneficiary organization you selected.