Eligible for Online Training
Online training includes a general training video and quiz AND reviewing the Beverages-specific training materials below.
If you have any questions about these training requirements, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator of the beneficiary organization you selected.
Departmental Training Materials
PLEASE NOTE: Volunteering with the Beverage Department requires the ability to carry HEAVY items and climb ladders.
- Check in at Volunteer HQ; then report to Beverages Department Supervisor
- Make sure to sign in (name and time of arrival) when you first meet with the Beverage Department Supervisor
- Make sure to sign out (name and time of departure) with the Beverage Department Supervisor at the end of your time with Beverages
- Please do what is asked of you by Department Supervisor and/or the Super Volunteers for Beverages
- You will be asked to set up and breakdown beverage booths, for example:
- Move barricades
- Load and unload trucks (eg. all equipment, boxes of beverages)
- Carry 12 ft long posts, 8 ft long tables, chairs
- Climb ladders
- Hang and remove signs and banners
- You will be asked to handle recycling and trash, for example:
- Flatten boxes and cardboard
- Organize & dispose of trash/recycling
- You will be asked to move inventory from one location to another, for example:
- Carry 40 lbs of ice
- Carry 30 lb boxes of beverages
- You will be asked to assist with a beverage partners’ final inventory & clean up at the end of day
- Have fun and enjoy the fair…but not at the expense of your duties.