Our volunteers make it possible for us to do what we love to do -- raise funds for organizations who are doing vital and inspiring work in our communities. We value the time and effort that volunteers put in to make our events successful, and we do our best to take great care of you!
Here are a few of the exclusive benefits available in Volunteer HQ at both Up Your Alley and Folsom Street Fair. Once you check in at Volunteer HQ, you'll have all of these delightful free perks waiting for you:
- Coat and Clothes Check - leave your baggage, change of clothes, and motorcycle helmets with our friendly Coat and Clothes Check volunteers in Volunteer HQ, and be unencumbered throughout your shift and while you enjoy the fair before and after.
- Hospitality Tent - we serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks as well as beverages (bring your own water bottle for easy refilling). Volunteers are welcome to enjoy one meal per shift, and unlimited snacks.
- Lounge Area - located just outside of the Hospitality Tent, we've got a lounge area with tables, chairs, and shade, making it a great place to chill out before or after your shift.
- No-wait Port-o-Potties - you'll never wait in a long fair bathroom line again! As long as you've got your volunteer badge or access wristband, you're welcome to use the port-o-potties located in Headquarters...no-wait and low-use, these are limited to use by volunteers and staff, which means they're the cleanest ones around all day long!
- Free Massage (Folsom Street Fair only): Free massage will be provided for volunteers at Folsom Street Fair in Volunteer HQ from 11:00am-6:00pm on Fair Day. You must sign up for a massage time in advance so swing by early (but probably not before 11:00am).
Wearing your name badge will give you access to these great perks. You are welcome to pick up your name badge early to access Volunteer HQ and Hospitality before and after your shift.
We are committed to ensuring that you feel safe and comfortable at all times during the day. If volunteers feel unsafe or uncomfortable at any time, please tell a Shift Supervisor, Folsom Board Member, or Security volunteer immediately.