Hello 2017 ROUGH Volunteers!
First of all, on behalf of Folsom Street Events, we want to personally thank you for donating your time and energy to helping make this party a success. Our community, and the beneficiaries you support, appreciate you!
Folsom Street Events is proud to bring back the Official Closing Party for Up Your Alley Weekend...ROUGH. This event returns to the Mezzanine (just a short walk from the fairgrounds) and is sure to be the perfect end to an amazing weekend. Much like the fair, it is a leather/fetish event, heavily attended by gay men. What you see at this party is not unlike what you’d see at the fair...just louder music and more dancing! Everyone is in a great mood and here to have fun, and you get to have a direct impact on that!
Here are some expectations/considerations for all volunteers for ROUGH:
- All shifts begin and end at Mezzanine at 444 Jessie St, San Francisco, CA 94103
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the beginning of your shift. If your shift begins during the party, please come to the front of the ticket lines at the event entrance to where is says VOLUNTEER CHECK-IN. Do NOT wait in a guest line. From there, let whomever is working there know you are a volunteer, and you will get checked-in, then brought to our office area to get your badge, and any relevant information/training for your shift.
- Please remember to dress COMFORTABLY for your shift (including shoes).
- For the earlier SET UP shifts starting before the party - To show our appreciation, volunteers may request a complimentary ticket to ROUGH after successfully completing their shift. Please let us know at the beginning of your shift if you would like to attend the party (NOTE: venue capacity may impact the availability of this benefit).
- For the later BREAKDOWN/LOAD-OUT shifts starting at the end of the party - To show our appreciation, volunteers may request a complimentary ticket to BAY OF PIGS, the official Saturday night dance event of Up Your Alley Street Fair. BAY OF PIGS begins at 9pm Saturday July 29th at Public Works (161 Erie St, San Francisco, CA 94103). If you’d like to take advantage of this benefit, please indicate this when you register for your ROUGH shift. We will then create a ticket for you, and it will be under your name so you can enter the Bay of Pigs party with all other attendees (NOTE: venue capacity may impact the availability of this benefit).
- All guests, staff, and volunteers are subject to the rules and policies of the event, and venue. No outside food or liquids are allowed inside, and all volunteers are subject to a pat down and bag search by event security.
Please read through the description for your shift, and please notify your your Volunteer Coordinator with questions:
SET-UP - Sunday July 29th (12:00pm-5:00pm)
Volunteers should expect to engage in light to moderately heavy lifting as they move and assemble rental and club furniture, assemble pipe-and-drape, fencing, decor, etc. Please dress comfortably, and bring work gloves if you have them. We will have a limited supply to loan.
BREAKDOWN/LOAD OUT - Monday July 31th (1:30am-2:30am)
Volunteers should expect to engage in light to moderately heavy lifting as we move and load supplies into our truck. Please dress comfortably, and bring work gloves if you have them. We will have a limited supply to loan.
Thank you all again for your time and energy to make this party an amazing event! You are invaluable, and Folsom Street Events and the beneficiaries you are helping appreciate you!
If you have any questions, please notify your Volunteer Coordinator.